We act for a number of well-established and well-known care homes owners and, as a consequence, are aware of the challenges operators face in successfully owning and managing care homes.
We help individuals and companies to buy and sell care homes. We advise on the application of the fit and proper person test and the obligation for a manager to be appointed at all times.
Some of the areas where Mel Kang can assist you are:-
- Acquisition and disposals of care homes (whether an as asset or share)
- Resident and supplier contracts
- HR & employment law advice
- Finance and security documentation or bank refinancing
- CQC regulatory matters and dispute resolution
- Property matters (including freehold sales and lease backs)
Recent transactions include;
- Acquisition of an established and national care home provider in excess of £3m
- Sale of a care home to a first-time operator for £1.2m
- Disposal of a group of care homes that have fallen into administration – which completed within 5 weeks.